Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Blog Bog for me to Ramble In..

Well here I am after 12 years off the internet (other than Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/bdwbjarvis ).  Previously I had a web site that started out as part of my medical school research project, and grew to include pictures, poems, stories, articles that I wrote for newspapers, blah blah blah.  Then it died when I graduated from med school.

That was then, this is now.  Everyone is on Facebook or something like it.  Why a blog instead of Facebook you might ask?  Because I am irascible enough to want to say my piece and not have to read everyone else's comments on their life, too!  If I wanted that much human interaction I would have been a doctor.

Wait a minute, I am a doctor!  OK, actually, after a long day interacting superficially if I am being "efficient" (not enough according to my productivity numbers), or more intensely if I am actually trying to care about helping people and their problems (too much of this by the productivity goals), then I need to step back re-charge, and not give a bloody blaze about the world's problems for just a while.  So here I am, free to vent and ramble as long as I want... no Twitter limits, no Facebook invitations to some stupid game, etc.  And, I can be just as cynical as House if I want, because this is all about Me!  If you are reading this, it is because you want to, not because I plastered it all over my Friend's pages... so buyer beware while I ramble!

No comments:

Post a Comment